Pork Tacos with Hormel Taco Meats
I was a little skeptical of using pre-packaged pre-cooked meat, but I got a coupon from Influenster for one free package so I decided to give it a try. The coupon was for up to $5.00, but the Taco meat was $5.99. So we did end up paying a little for it. I was also really disappointed in Bi-Lo’s selection, our only option was Pork. So here are my #TacoGoals!
We decided to make Pork Tacos with our mostly free meat. I’m trying it tomorrow night and will update then! Try this recipe and let me know what you think!
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 thinly sliced green pepper (or try orange, yellow or red pepper!)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 package of Hormel Taco Meats Pork Variety
- taco seasonings (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 head of lettuce
- 1 bunch cilantro
- salsa / sour cream / shredded cheese
- Cut up onion and slice the green pepper
- Saute in medium/large pan with olive oil, add thawed corn
- Add Hormel Taco Meats Pork
- Add taco seasonings (The taco meat seemed pretty plain so we added our own spices! we also go with cumin, paprika, a little chili powder and garlic powder)
- While the meat and veggies are getting hot cut up the lettuce and cilantro
- Warm tortilla shells in microwave for :30 or until soft, or you can try turning this into nachos!
- Add everything to your tortilla and you’re ready to go!
We’re trying this recipe with spanish rice!